Reading O Trade Show - Sat 3rd Dec

Kenton

I had a thoroughly useful visit. I tend to treat most shows like a shopping expedition with a list and anything else is a bonus. Managed to avoid any sneezers, coughers etc. Made a bee line for Easybuild and picked up my B4s. Then over to for a few mins chat and update with Laurie at JLTRT. Finally, I caught up with John of AME who said that things ought to be progressing as much as health treatment permits but he's hoping that it will be part of his remedy. Came away an hour later with parts and back home to crack on with the B4s. :)

Tom

I was glad to get my order in at Slaters as I was informed that the prices are due to go up after Xmas by as much as 50% ! raw materials apparently.

In conversation with David White this evening, the expected price rise at the beginning of January 2012 is likely to be around 10%. This increase is a result of significant rises in raw materials, examples cited by David include Mild Steel by 15% and Stainless Steel by around 50% over the last twelve months.

As to when and where the actual details of the price rise will be announced, sorry no information.

regards, Graham Beare

Archived