southern region parcels van (Slaters O gauge)

Dear all

I'm in the process of building a southern region parcels van in O by slaters, but i am having a bit of trouble with the grab handles, when I have drilled out the holes, one side is on the left hand door, and the other seems to be on the right hand door, has anyone built one? and if possible could you load a few pics on your reply, or PM me. Also underneath, that looks a bit of a minefield, would like to see a few pics of that as well.

Thank you in advance

Alan

Alan

You haven't said which kit - parcels type you are building. There are numerous photos of the different types in my collections here http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/sr?customize=2 The doors have grab handles on the right, but quite a lot of other handles, locks etc.

Paul Bartlett

Wow, thanks Paul, Tim, i just made my wife and i a cup of tea, and i come back and there are already two replys!

Im building the 7C021P SR/BR 50` Bogie Guards Van kit.

Thank you

alan

Wow, thanks Paul, Tim, i just made my wife and i a cup of tea, and i come back and there are already two replys!

Im building the 7C021P SR/BR 50` Bogie Guards Van kit.

Thank you

alan

They are here, http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/srguvandb the main grab handle should be on the right hand door. If it is like the 4mm Ratio kit, quite a complex build, with the sides weakened by so many doors.

Paul Bartlett

Paul Bartlett

Here you go:

post-4569-0-67019300-1323640714_thumb.jpg

post-4569-0-11044500-1323640710.jpg

The wet bits are where I've done a bit of patch paints as Mrs Boris has done some cleaning and splashed the coach with something noxious that has taken some of the paint off. I must find out what it is because the effect on the bodywork is actually quite good!

Anyway, the first photo is the underframe between the bogies, the second photo shows a modification I did to the brake pull rod so they go into the bogie, rather than just hanging in space or not being there at all (as per the instructions!). Its just a loop of wire that the end of the pull rod sits in, giving plenty of tolerance for the bogie to turn.

Hello Alan l built the large southern bogie wagon from slater's about two year's ago, l wouldn't say l enjoyed it, as the kit's instructions were poor, and most of the parts had to be cleaned and filed to fit, and had to search the net for photos of the real thing to finish the model, (here it is on Andrew P's St Budoc layout)

post-7716-0-75879200-1323771109.jpg

Thanks for the photos boris.

You are right george, i have made 400+ kits etc(oo gauge, 40+ in o gauge)) in my time, this has to be the worst for instructions, and to be honest, im not enjoying building the thing.

Thanks again to everyone who replied.

alan

Archived