Polmadie 1947

AngusDe

Polmadie ash tower in use

Just flicking through flickr I found this gem, taken from the coal tower, looking towards the ash tower.

It looks to be a recent addition so I thought some of you might appreciate being pointed in its direction.

Angus

It looks to be a recent addition so I thought some of you might appreciate being pointed in its direction.

Angus

Appreciate it very much, Angus! There are quite a few railway pictures in that guy`s photostream, though you have to dig a bit to find them. Some really nice ones of the Tradeston gasworks pugs. Plus lots of Glasgow and the Clyde from the 1950s though to the 1980s - bring back memories, most of them good!

Appreciate it very much, Angus! There are quite a few railway pictures in that guy`s photostream, though you have to dig a bit to find them. Some really nice ones of the Tradeston gasworks pugs. Plus lots of Glasgow and the Clyde from the 1950s though to the 1980s - bring back memories, most of them good!

Yeah, I think I must be only 5-10 years younger than him, I remember "exploring" the Tradeston gas works myself, his pics from the top of the Finnieston Crane are brilliant, he was only a teenager and asked if he could go up, lol!

I've been on flickr all evening and another classic pic for me is this one of Gushetfaulds carriage sidings, my first train spotting spot and again just a few years before me and my mate took up regular residence on the bench outside the shunters (?) mess hut just before the Cathcart Road overbridge back in the late 60s, but by then just about everything was blue, but here it is still green and maroon, lol! although the sleepers are on the same road....

http://www.flickr.co...ari/3229159060/

edit:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/romari/3385045678/

I should also add this pic of High Street Goods, as I was talking about it elsewhere on RMWeb.

Anyway another stream worth exploring.

Well, kept me away from the X Factor..........

Angus

Archived