PECO SL-E199 THREE WAY POINT

robbostrains

Need some help,bought the above point at a Swopmeet,on getting it home noticed there are no wires underneath as on the two way points I have.Anyway put it on layout with it acting as three dead end sidings.Soon as loco passes over it it goes dead,have tried a few different ways of wiring it but can not get power to all three tracks.Obviously I'm doing something wrong but don't know what.I an not using any point motors as it's on the edge of board,need help!!!!Please!

The 'E' stands for electrofrog that means you should place a insulating rail joiner on each frog rail (4). You then provide power to each frog based on the polarity switch on the point motor that throws each point. (treat it like 2 separate points. The frog of the second point is switched from either the first frog or the adjacent stock rail. You then must provide power to each of the sidings. If DC you may wish to add separate isolated sections. DCC needs no extra wiring.

This is a very common question and so a search should pull up several similar answers.

Archived