Rail head treatment trains- wagon/equipment drawings

mikeg

I wish to make an RHTT in O scale and would like information as to the wagons that are used and the sizes of the tanks, control cubicles etc of the units that fit on the wagons, there are a lot of pictures on the web but it is difficult to tell the size and make-up of the units. The smallest seems to be 2 wagons with three tanks and and three cabinettes working between two locos. I have a pair of class 20's that I would like to use on a typical train, so any details welcomed.

thanks

mike g

I don't think the drawing they do is of the wagon type I am after as I think they are all privately owned, not BR. Thanks for the lead, but all I really need is the type of spine wagon used and the dimensions of the tanks as the other units can be worked out generally from the load width and that the locking points are for a standard 20ft container as I think the wagons used could originally been spine wagons for three standard 20ft's.

There are plenty of almost head on shots and 3/4 front on the net but the only side shots I have been able to find are on bridges or viaducts.

As a parting shot for those who like to weather their locos there is a picture of a 66 that has come off RHTT use in the current issue of RAIL mag that would be hard to copy I think!

regards

mike g

Mark, the images are just what I wanted, and from the info on the units I think I shall be able to work out the sizes, all I need now are details of the FEA wagons and a sourse of the bogie side frames, I don't think I could make them so they looked right.

I shall need to make three tanks, a control unit and the what looks like generater unit, all fairly simple shapes except for the tank end that are too domed for my usual drinks can base.

many thanks for all the info given

mike g

Archived