Exactoscale... service!

Jon020

This evening I opened my first P4 Co turnout kit... and started to read the extensive instructions; I just love the way they start with "These instructions may look intimidating"... too right they did, but this statement put my mind at ease... "but we have chosen to try to be comprehensive rather than keep them simple." This is possibly the best approach by far, if you ask me... as a complete novice in this relatively complex process.

Now, the instructions start by explaining all aspects and parts of the turnout... and how they are supplied in the kit, such as the fact that the check rail ends are already are already at the correct bend.... and this is when I noticed "no check rails". Checked the bag again... nope not there.

I checked their website and tried to call... and was surprised to receive an answer. I immediately aplogised for the lateness of my call, and offerred to call in the morning (not sure why I tried really... curiosity I suppose) but Len seemed happy to help, and very apologetic about the omission. Replacements are to be posted tomorrow. I explained "where I was at" with the start in P4 and Len was very helpful with tips about rail, kit construction and other parts that I stated I was interested in. Some of the mysteries are now clarified.

I have really benefitted from the parts' omission and very pleased with the open, friendly and informative "chat". I can wholeheartedly recommend the service; but then I guess that most of you know that. Probably best to phone at a more sociable hour next time though.

It's often stated that a business can be judged not on how few problems they suffer, but on how they react afterwards and correct them. 10 out of 10 as far as I'm concerned!

Jon

You know a supplier offers good service when Len calls out of hours to check on what has been ordered or to see how something is progressing. I am happy to recommend Exactoscale products although, being a one-man-band in practice, there are times when telephone contact is not easy. I work in 7mm to S7 standards and the relevant products are top-notch.

regards, Graham Beare

Archived