Bachmann Class 20. How do you get the cab off?

I've recently purchased a secondhand Bachmann Class 20 in BR Blue from my local model shop. The loco is a DCC sound fitted and was bought more for the Chipset rather than the actual loco. However, the model the cab glazing is pushed in on the sides. Is there an easy way to remove the Cab from the rest of the body as I may be tempted to fit some lights and refit the glazing whilst the loco is a part.

From memory (it's been a while since I had one in bits) the cab slides up and away from the bonnet - depends how much glue the factory have sploshed on the joint though :O

Plus there is a clip on each side into the bonnet (at the bottom of the cab) so you need to slightly prise the cab away from the bonnet to clear this.

Thanks for the tips gentleman. After a great deal of hair pulling, I've managed to remove the cab.I just needed to apply a bit more gusto than I was doing. The next job is to see what lighting units are available and then fit those. Has anyone gone down this route and any tips will be greatly received. The loco is a disc fitted version.

Archived