Digitrains A4 3 cylinder sound

Silverstreak

I see from the Digitrains site they are now listing a sound file for a LNER/BR A4 and I wondered if anyone on here has listened to it or better still has one fitted to their respective A4 and can comment.

I see it is advertised as available on a Loksound chip no mention of V4 and no Zimo option. Having listened to both SWD and Howes versions it would be helpfull to gain info on this newer release from Digitrains.

Some months back there were a couple of articles in Hornby magazine regarding sounds for an A4 which if I recall correctly concluded without any option provided to source the finished product

Regards

Bob

I see from the Digitrains site they are now listing a sound file for a LNER/BR A4 and I wondered if anyone on here has listened to it or better still has one fitted to their respective A4 and can comment.

I see it is advertised as available on a Loksound chip no mention of V4 and no Zimo option. Having listened to both SWD and Howes versions it would be helpfull to gain info on this newer release from Digitrains.

Some months back there were a couple of articles in Hornby magazine regarding sounds for an A4 which if I recall correctly concluded without any option provided to source the finished product

Regards

Bob

Bob,

Digitrains Zimo A4 sound file is currently being enhanced so is not available yet, but is expected soon.

Just a few of the sounds are included in a YT of Hornby Magazine A4 project running on their exhibition layout, Bolsover and Seven Lane Pit last seen at Spalding Show.

Here it is, the A4 dashes through at about 2.10.

Paul

Bob,

Digitrains Zimo A4 sound file is currently being enhanced so is not available yet, but is expected soon.

Just a few of the sounds are included in a YT of Hornby Magazine A4 project running on their exhibition layout, Bolsover and Seven Lane Pit last seen at Spalding Show.

Here it is, the A4 dashes through at about 2.10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAp3HkQUW9Y

Paul

Many thanks Paul for providing a taster which despite the background noise the sound from the A4 looks promising, The distinctive A4 chime whistle also sounds good on the move. In my opinion any new A4 sound entry needs to improve in three areas over those already on the market

1. The sound from the Kylchap double chimney when stationary is quite harsh as was the case with all double chimney fitted ex LNER Pacifics (please no built in background air pump sound as per current A4s locos working on the network ) perhaps as an added function though

2. Sound of the whistle tone changes when heard on the move compared to when static

3. Sounds from the rods when coasting LNER Pacifics had a ringing sound not the heavy clink- clonk so prevelent on most of whats currently available.

If these three areas along with the correct 3 cylinder sound are forthcoming with the Digitrains option (hopefully Loksound V4 release) I will be ordering a couple

Cant wait

Regards

Bob

Archived