Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

A landscapers view on 'finescale'

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Chris, that was wonderfully put and you appear to have nailed my own perspective to the right spot as an unintended consequence! I could smell the sun-warmed oil and creosote while I read that little scenario through... :)

Dave.

Yep Cheers ChrisB that has sort of fixed things, you are quite right about the transient passing of a train.

I think the hangups of correct couplings/pipes etc become far more important, whilst exhibiting with 3 links I have heard stuff like 'he should be coupling the loco to the wagons' not 'the wagons to the loco'

Use 3links 'cos they look good - the Heljan ones are quite fine and sub-bufferbeam, so fairly difficult to catch even with an 'implement' - its always easier to catch a coarse-ish Smiths link and fasten it to the loco.

I suppose that each thing I do to my layout or stock to make things look more 'real' increases the potential for someone who is a trainspotter to say I'm doing something incorrectly?

• RMweb Gold

Elsewhere often been the south end of Donny station :lol:

Exactly :lol: I used to like Donny when it was full of Deltics , but its much overated these days :lol:

- I can still remember which 'BR blue' classes had round or oval buffers, but not the exact detail of where the bufferbeam pipes should be!

Deltics had oval yes? late 26 & 27 had round but the early 26's had oval and different grilles :P but I wouldnt expect someone who wasnt a BRCW fan to know that?

Hi there,

Chipping in late, but can I advocate 00-sf ?

16.2 mm gauge, with EM tolerances, sometimes referred to as EM -2 ( minus 2 ).

Can look realy great, and no need to re-wheel.

I've chosen this route, but have yet to start construction.

A great sample in Pensnett, here : Pensnett on the old RMweb Forum

Regards, Michel

Archived