A layout called 'Garfield'

Del

I had a feeling the original was built by George Lowen - it appeared in MTI way back - I'll have a hunt later

EDIT1 - totally different layout! That one is rather like Lessingham Call Ferry that Andrew did really way back in SMT (SEPT 1993) - a two level Inglenook - and yes, I have that issue too if you need it. He used a similar plan for Glasgow Emerald in RM - a UK layout - I don't have the date to hand

EDIT 2 - Garfield by George Lowen was an ISL, 7ft 3in x 12 inches based on two layouts from early SMT issues - Julian Andrews "Eastport & Calais" (NOV 1989) joined to Alasdair Reids "Waldo County"(JUN 1984) without the runround loop - it appeared in MTI-19, with an added 12 inch cassette. The two boards were wired seperately , and each had its own handheld controller

Thanks, Jack. I've worked out that it would have been 1999 when I saw it at Great Yarmouth.

I think the overhead shot on the Wealden MRG page will give me a basis to work from.

Actually, it looks very similar to 'Huskisson Wharf' that Giles Barnabe showed as a plan in MTI a little while back.

Archived