Lochgorm kits - Brass Detail and Building Etches

First off - I have no affiliation with Lochgorm Kits other than as a satisfied customer.

Some of you may be aware of Lochgorm Kits as a supplier of stock and parts for modelling the Highland Railway. Their website (http://www.lochgormkits.co.uk) has some nice photos of the stock but very little of the detail and building parts. As I am using some of these parts on my layout I thought I'd share how they look as supplied and built up.

Although the parts are based on highland railway examples, they might be useful elsewhere.

Currently on my bench I have :

HLI5 - Killiekrankie Station Windows

HLI16 - Platform Valencing

HLI21 - 6-pane Signal Box windows

HLI22 - 9-pane signal box windows

HLI23 - Platform Footstools

HLI28 - Cross the railway notices

HLI29 - HR/GNoSR Seats

I also have two sample etches for future products (I understand that these are planned for future release):

Platform Valencing - Kyle Of Lochalsh

Canopy Brackets - Kyle Of Lochalsh

I'll try to photograph the bits as I am building them to show how they can be used/built by an average modeller.

First some windows :

HLI5 - Killiekrankie

post-7040-12601018032307_thumb.jpg

HLI21 + HLI22 (including loft windows) - I'll be modifying these for use on my station)

post-7040-12601018578329_thumb.jpg

Notices :

HLI28 (This sign is around 10mm high!)

post-7040-12601018868715_thumb.jpg

Canopy Brackets

Lochgorm produce a variety of different brackets - Northern Maiden has used some of the other ones on her station building Here

post-7040-12601020081672_thumb.jpg

I'll post photos of the rest of the items as I get around to building and painting them.

Hope this is of interest to someone.

Andy B)

Archived