Class 325 Royal Mail unit in EM

It did make the location much easier. It allowed accurate soldering and once one was "in" they all fell in line zigzagging. up and down the row only took a tiny wipe of solder paste too. It also then supported the cleaning up of the tag.

Edited by Ian Fisher

Well having had a look at them for weeks, maybe use the fret as a way of locating them as sort of freebie jig..well I have done a units worth so far with no distrotion.

Why didn't I think of this??? D'oh!

• Like 1

Bought some more Extreme Etchings Wipacs O0I from Derby show yesterday. Very nice fine item which having only had a quick ooh lets see, I can say make a huge difference to the face of the unit.

Just hoping they will be visible through the glazing which is a little smoked.

Ian

Edited by Ian Fisher

Been looking at ways of allowing access to the bodies once painted and glued...the lip is a good fit but maybe too good a fit so some have been shaved off and strip glued into the bodies to allow some tapping screws to allow for a more clip fit approach with screws rather than grip tight!

Also cabs have seen a lot of work this weekend with space being cut to allow the buffer beams and fairings to be part of the body.

Progress at least.

90% of the the resin parts are now on the PTMV's

and the floor has been cleared of pips and locators on the TMV's marked up before bed to allow the supergluing to begin tomorrow!

Night all

Edited by Ian Fisher
  • Like 1

DTV have seen some remdial work today with cabs ends being reinforced with aradilte, superglue and some milliput!

The large air tank LH side is glued in one all six DTV's as is the smaller box on the same side..it took a while getting the floor smooth too on all six floors but its done!

Back to the TAV's before bed

Night night all

Left off from fitting last night on the DTV's were fuse holders I think they desrve a little more attention and have come up with this sketch.

I am now thinking how best to make 'em robust enough but as see thorugh as they are on the prototype!

post-7587-0-25347600-1337794426.jpg

Edited by Ian Fisher

DTV bodywork tonight marking up the vent behind the cab door and first roller shutter on all six cars...

Bit dubious as if there was going to be any movement in the filled glued glazing glazing but I can replort its all OK!

I am going to scribe some 4mm plastic strip to beef up PH designs etch.

Its looking more 325 detail wise every day...

Ian

I would of left them in the yellow as the red you have to put on them is semi transparent as most reds are and the yellow will give a much better and realistic colour finish than the Bauxite will.

Pete

• Like 1

B*gger...can give them another toot I guess...its not clogging any detail as yet its covering very well !

Ian

Ian

I would of left them in the yellow as the red you have to put on them is semi transparent as most reds are and the yellow will give a much better and realistic colour finish than the Bauxite will.

Pete

Angle sourced and twelve 2cm pieces cut and neatened up now to cut 5mm into each end then using a file take out a vee too allow the angle to be folded at 90'

One done now only another eleven to go...

post-7587-0-41385200-1338239016_thumb.jpg

post-7587-0-61586800-1338239044_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

One down...the round wire is 26swg phosphor bronze bent to shape around a little jig, having had a little annealing to reomve the spring.. so the others should stand a chance of being like each other!

post-7587-0-60886500-1338241003_thumb.jpg

post-7587-0-39518300-1338241046_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ian Fisher
  • Like 1

FUSE HOLDERS

All tubing is bent up...

Another four "T" section (really L angle!) bent up so only another six to go! six!

Then its file down the mount on the resin moulding and superglue it then add pipe conduit to back rebated with a pass or two from a saw blade again add superglue to taste! and leave it to go off.

I think once its in situ it will have a little araldite just rubbed over the back...just to firm things all up

Ian

FUSE HOLDER *UPDATE*

All the T angle brackets are done and a little solder paste added to the back to reinforce the fold the L angle is 1mm x 1mm so is a little fragile but only two out of twenty four folds are or were near to creasing so I am happy with that.

Very nice Michael!

I bought some more bits today..from DEMU showcase....cant really be much more can there??

From DC kits some 10.5mm BlackBeetle wheelsets that allow the liners to retain their wheels!

And some rather fine disc brake inserts from Colin Craig...they really finnish the wheel off, shame they are flat on the inside! a job too just maybe to far.

Some rather cruel close ups of the wheels.

These have had the centres painted and rims, they then have had the Colin Craig inserts superglued in with two drops of gel...worked very well and the job progressed with only four cocktail stocks used!

Soon as there is any build up of glue start a fresh!

Work porgressed too on the PTMV underframes which are now nearly fully resined up!

post-7587-0-95048500-1338848258_thumb.jpg

post-7587-0-94462500-1338849619_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ian Fisher
  • Like 1

Last few days have been tweaky type jobs..

Bogie have been worked on mainly removing the steps from four sprues as Bratchell dont supply non step bogies with some kits anymore due to costs. The steps are awkward ###### to remove and takes a while to carve drill cut away without causing damage to the bogie.

Still only four more trailer bogies to adress now and jobs done. Just have to detail them and as CWJ has done add the 325 detail which is just blank on the bogies that come with the kit.

Underframe work has continued and is nearing completion.

Also attention has turned to couplings I am trying to make some bars up and add the mini none-buffer beams. Seems to be two sizes of beam too. PTMV having a deeper one than the trailers.