H15 restaurant car

Does anyone have a photograph of the roof of one of these, showing the roof cowl over the kitchen end? Failing that, does anyone have a shot of the roof of the Comet 4mm model of one? (I know about the dangers of modelling and model, but...) I'm researching doing a 2mm model of this and am finding it hard to work out what it should look like, given the available photographs.

Russell has a number of side shots in the Appendix Vol 2. One has reasonable detail of the kitchen end and shows the cowl reasonably well. The Comet instructions (available on their website) should give the dimensions and position of the cowl.

Adrian

You could try contacting David Geen who is well advanced in a 4mm kit of the same.The H16 was a shortened version of the H15. If you find roof detail for H16 they are pretty much the same. Again David Geen already produces the H16 and has already extensively researched this.

sales@davidgeen.co.uk

Regards

Mike Wiltshire

Thank you both! I should have pointed out that I have looked through both Russell and Harris, but none of the pictures are particularly clear, and some seem contradictory (not surprising for coaches that lasted for getting on 70 years).

Archived