Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Pre Grouping North Eastern Railway Colors

Hi

I Have been racking my brain all day searching the Internet, with no joy.

I am looking for information regarding the colors of the North Eastern Railway.

I.e Station signs, Notice Boards & passenger Signs.

Any info would be great.

Thanks in advance

If you can get hold of a copy of NORTH EASTERN RECORD Volume 1 which was published by the HMRS in conjunction with THE NORTH EASTERN RAILWAY ASSOCIATION this will give you the information you need. Another source might be the NORTH EASTERN RAILWAY ASSOCIATION's own website. I've not looked at it for some time, so I am not sure what's on it now.

• 3 weeks later...

Copper beach below the waist, county cream above, interior, chocolate to about a third of the way up the wall, the rest is a lighter brown. Ceilings were white with any ceiling moudings picked out in red. Station signs are red on cream, although the running in boards are cream on red, the Goathland running in boards are 100% correct, although the red would probably have been a bit darker.

There is some evidence to suggest that the interiors of houses were painted a foul bottle green initially.

Archived