help, i have a zimo class 37, multidrive ? dynamis

Rob Hayes

hi all, even though ive been on here a year nearly, im still pretty new and this one of my first few posts,

last year i bought a zimo class 37/0 chip and im mighty impressed with it great sounds.

however after a few months not running my trains and now back in the market looking at whats new, i have come accross cv265 for the multidrive alowing you to notch instantly and really controll the 37 like a real one,

mine does not do this, am i right in guessing that this is a new type of chip ive found out about and mine is and older version.

or is it that my dynamis cant programe cv265, i shouldnt think its this as my dynamis can programe cv266

any help greatly appreciated, ill be logging in on this forum more often, anyone whos on britmodeller forum will know me as robvulcan,

cheers rob

hi all, even though ive been on here a year nearly, im still pretty new and this one of my first few posts,

last year i bought a zimo class 37/0 chip and im mighty impressed with it great sounds.

however after a few months not running my trains and now back in the market looking at whats new, i have come accross cv265 for the multidrive alowing you to notch instantly and really controll the 37 like a real one,

mine does not do this, am i right in guessing that this is a new type of chip ive found out about and mine is and older version.

or is it that my dynamis cant programe cv265, i shouldnt think its this as my dynamis can programe cv266

any help greatly appreciated, ill be logging in on this forum more often, anyone whos on britmodeller forum will know me as robvulcan,

cheers rob

Rob,

You are correct.

The bad news first.

The Multi-Drive projects started to become available about September last year, so your decoder will not have the CVs or sound files loaded to allow the manual notching you are interested in.

The better news.

Your decoder can be re-blown with the Class 37 Multi-Drive sound project, and the sofware version can be updated to the latest version for it to work correctly. I can do this for you, PM me for more info if you wish.

Paul

From my experience with the multidrive system it's certainly well worth getting the deocder re-blown by Paul. Remember the decoder will still work as it does now but by changing CV265 you can the access the maual notching version which is great to use. Also you can switch between 37/0 and 37/4 sounds.

eye it sure looks like my prayers answered and sounds fantastic in the video seen below, once ive paid the january bills and the tax man for my guitar teaching business, and recording services i will be in for alot of these as funds allow, , and after i got a new car, mine is hopping along at the moment.

dcc sound sure is fun and adictive stuff isnt it.

Archived