Roco's new items for 2012 now online

NGT6 1315

• RMweb Premium

Evening all!

I just noticed Roco have put an online version of their 2012 catalogue on their site. Items I found noteworthy upon an initial flicking through the pages include the following:

• Newly tooled DB class 85 2-10-2T for 2013
  • Newly tooled SBB Re 4/4II for 2013, apparently including a SBB Cargo Re 421 with German equipment package
  • DB AG class 101 in commemorative livery for the 60th anniversary of the German Bundespolizei (formerly "Bundesgrenzschutz") whose areas of responsibility include that of railway police
  • Class 189 (Siemens ES 64 F4) in Lokomotion's "Zebra" livery in both black/red and black/blue, and in the guise of Dutch TOC "HUSA".

See http://www.roco.cc/home.html to have a look :) .

There are several items in here that I have been waiting for for quite some time that will fit into the Era IV Austria/Bavaria scene that is my layout, Bayerndorf im Tirol.

What struck me most of all is the cost of the sound locos. Previously, Roco have charged a premium of some 120 Euros for sound over and above the price of the basic loco.

In this new releases catalogue, for many locos, this premium has now been slashed to around 70 Euros.

So in the near future, Bayerndorf will resonate to the sounds of noisy 'Rabbits' (DB 218s), Howling Gales (OBB 1044s), and the rasp of Schienenbusse (DB 798s)

I find the CD 770/ChME3 interesting, this shows Roco's continued support for the former Eastern Bloc and makes sense- the things are so ubiquitous that they even appear in computer games (eg STALKER). The ex-DR V100 coming as a BR298 is welcome too, I paid nearly as much for a secondhand Brawa one as Roco cost new. On the subject of cost, the forthcoming 218 seems to be at a fair price point, and that will doubtless be welcomed for such a widespread loco type. There's a good selection of new items for both my Epoch IV and V interests,

Archived