BR 16T Mineral (Dia. 108) Brake Lever dimensions & bends

Jan

Hello,

I'm appealing (or not) for info - scale drawing etc - on the precise nature of the bends in the brake levers for a Dia. 108 16T Mineral. I've got several photos from Paul Bartlett's excellent site, an am not far off completing a Bill Bedford underframe. But I want to get it right first time with the bendery. The lever is the type without the handle loop. Any clues as to dimensions etc?

Thanks

Jan

Shameless self promotion.. I put a bend guide on my etches (CW02) http://www.scalefour...shop/eshop.html . Its the correct RCH spec for a mineral and you'll probably find the lever guards easier to bend up and use too.

Hi Craig,

Ah... didn't realise you did the mineral morton version... have they been out long? I got some of your 9ft versions at Wells last August. With ref to the bending of the lever guards - easier? Easier than what; knitting soup? :) I share DNA with Kermit - when it comes to this stuff, I'm an out and out Muppet :) hence my status update from the 3rd of January:

"Well, I managed SOMETHING over the holiday.... two of craigwelsh's brake lever guards... http://tinyurl.com/7el5zxn Mind you, I wrecked two more....

Thanks for the info. I'll exercise the (not so fantastic) plastic....

Jan

Argh morton, I forgot about that! Sorry, I shouldn't try thinking late at night..

Um just use the shape as a bending guide on the Bill Bedford lever for now, i'll try to release the Morton levers soon.

I'd stick some of the lever guards on that mineral if you have some spare though. I had one of Bill's chassis and couldn't bend up his in a way that it worked correctly.

Argh morton, I forgot about that! Sorry, I shouldn't try thinking late at night..

Um just use the shape as a bending guide on the Bill Bedford lever for now, i'll try to release the Morton levers soon.

I'd stick some of the lever guards on that mineral if you have some spare though. I had one of Bill's chassis and couldn't bend up his in a way that it worked correctly.

Thanks, Craig... so you had trouble with Bill's version too? I take great comfort from that :)

Archived