"The Bridge"

betehumane

This is obviously not something I'm going to get round to building any time soon...

But if anyone else has read and enjoyed this novel I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on how it might translate into a model. In my minds eye I can see something several metres long and a good couple high, multi-levelled, lit and animated with all sorts of cameos lifted from the text. It's probably impossible, much like film versions of many of his books would seem to be, but what a project!

And if you haven't read the book, I thoroughly recommend it.

Andy

I'm convinced that Mr Banks is something of a gricer, closet or otherwise. His books are littered with railway references and flights of fantasy, all of which seem well informed and inspired out of genuine interest. I once bumped into him on the concourse at Edinburgh Waverley, having just watched Union of South Africa depart on a railtour. When I asked him if he'd "seen the A4" he knew what I was on about and seemed quite miffed at having not known it was going to be there. Anyway, if I ever get this project underway I will certainly be seeking his sponsorship!

Archived