Hi

Apologies for stealing someone else's thread - I saw the scissors crossing photo and assumed I could get some help on it

I have so far got a facing and trailing crossover on top of each other, but it all got very messy when I tried to put the diamond in - how do you delete rails in templot and how to you curve both roads of a diamond so it sits on top of the existing rails

Thanks

Chris

Chris, do you want to send me the .box file of what you have done so far and I'll take a look at it for you?

You don't need to worry about templates sitting on top of each other as they can be tidied up afterwards. In essence you are working with a single live template and this can be adjusted using F3 key for length on plain track or the approach track of a turnout, F4 for the exit track of a turnout and F5 to control the crossing angle.

To delete a template, it must not be the 'live' piece of track and will appear blue. A left click on that piece of track will bring up a white menu on the left hand side of the page.

"Delete' is about half way down that menu.

To set up and align the crossing use Template, Insert Half Diamond. The crossing can be aligned using F5 for the angle and Ctrl-F6 to move it along the track.

here is the .box file

i know the track layout is a bit unprototypical, but i like it and im not old enough to remember prototypical anyway

the bit im stuck on is getting all the check and wing rails in the right places and removing all the excess rails (in the current crossings)

Thanks

Chris

market_street_2012_01_14_2057_45.box

Archived