Modelzone Reading

Raffles

Searched for this and no mention of it here so here goes...

New Modelzone store opened in Reading (Broad St Mall (or Butts Centre for those that remember it that way)).

Popped in today and was surprised at what they did and didn't have. Plenty of wagon kits but little in the way of RTR coaches. Odd.

Some cheap (??11.99) Bachmann Mk1s and some cheap Farish Mk1's (??6.75) but most of the other stuff at normal prices. I may well make use of this new opportunity as Reading is a bit low on model shops these days.

• RMweb Gold

Searched for this and no mention of it here so here goes...

New Modelzone store opened in Reading (Broad St Mall (or Butts Centre for those that remember it that way)).

Popped in today and was surprised at what they did and didn't have. Plenty of wagon kits but little in the way of RTR coaches. Odd.

Some cheap (??11.99) Bachmann Mk1s and some cheap Farish Mk1's (??6.75) but most of the other stuff at normal prices. I may well make use of this new opportunity as Reading is a bit low on model shops these days.

And they did have their special edition 'Jubilee' at a nicely discounted price I noticed when I went in there on Friday. But I agree with you about the rather odd nature of their stock - lots of locos (mainly at RRP) and a reasonable number of wagon kits plus a strange sort of mixture of scenic stuff. And not that I go there very often but it is good to see someone having a try at a model shop in the centre of Reading and hopefully it won't go the way of its various predecessors.

Archived