Barnstaple Model Railway Club Show 21st July 2012

mudmagnet

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Update,

Some of the layout booked to attend. More details to follow.

Overdown - 'N'

Southurst - '00'

St Juliots - 'S'

Tawbridge - '00'

Walingford - 'N'

Ashbury Brook - 'EM'

Porter's Lock - '0'

plus trade support and more layouts to be added.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi MM,

I'm in South Devon that weekend, and may indeed come along and have a look (seems to me to be a better idea than yet another trek around Trago!). However, since it is well over 40 years since I was last in Barnstaple I would need better location information that 'same location as previous years'. Do you have a road name, a village or area name (if the location isn't in Barnstaple itself) and/or a postcode?

How much is the entry fee please?

What time do you open?

Do you have any additions to the information of 11th February?

Cheers,

Dave

• RMweb Gold

The exhibition is held at Church Rooms, Bear Street, Barnstaple. (post code to follow).

There is a car park near by - 'Queen Street', with a walk way through the 'Arcade'.

Opening times - 10.30am - 4.30pm

Layouts booked as below.

Southurst 00

Calstock 0-16.5 narrow gauge (as seen in Railway Modeller)

Wallingford N

Ashbury Brook EM

Tawbridge 00 (Club's DCC layout as seen here)

St Juliot S Scale

Porters Lock 0

Overdown N

Polpendra N (as seen here)

Abigrace Halt T

Little Sucker HO

Come along and say hello.

Hi everyone,

Once again, the annual Barnstaple Model Railway Club model railway exhibition is taking place on Saturday 21st July 2012, open from 10am until 4pm.

Entrance to the exhibition is charged at £3-00 per adult, £2-50 per senior citizen, with any accompanied children admitted free of charge.

Just to add to Richard's fine coverage of our forthcoming exhibition, there is also 'Orchard Road', Richard's own exhibition layout & star of recent features in the Hornby Magazine & Model Rail.

Also, Ray Norwood's 'Yard Shunter' which is rapidly gaining a very well deserved reaction at many exhibitions & RMWeb members day events.

If you get the chance to come along, you will be able to witness, in the flesh, these two fine examples of the modeller's art, & see the additions these two guys have made to their wonderful layouts.

Just to aid everyone planning to attend, here is the full address & postcode for the venue :- Church Rooms, Christ Church, Bear Street, Barnstaple, North Devon, EX32 7BU

As Richard says, there is plenty of parking very nearby at Queen Street car park, there is a charge for parking, & the walk will take about five minutes,or there are many alternatives throughout the town centre & beyond.

There will be catering in full swing on the day, including hot & cold drinks, bacon rolls, filled rolls, various cakes & snacks, & these are available in the entrance hall, run very professionally by some of the long suffering wives!

We will be delighted to welcome one & all, & it's always a real pleasure to say hi to our fellow members of RMWeb

Thanks, & we'll hopefully see you there.

Rob 'westcountryman' Morgan

• RMweb Gold

I'll be there - sounds like a good line up.

Especially seeing how much Tawbridge has progressed.

Cheers,

~ Gary

Don't forget to bring some stock along Gary for a run on Tawbridge! We may even get you an operating session!

• RMweb Gold

Just to add to Richard's fine coverage of our forthcoming exhibition, there is also 'Orchard Road', Richard's own exhibition layout & star of recent features in the Hornby Magazine & Model Rail.

Also, Ray Norwood's 'Yard Shunter' which is rapidly gaining a very well deserved reaction at many exhibitions & RMWeb members day events.

If you get the chance to come along, you will be able to witness, in the flesh, these two fine examples of the modeller's art, & see the additions these two guys have made to their wonderful

Rob 'westcountryman' Morgan

Thanks for the mention Rob, but myself and Ray will be busy on Tawbridge, so won't be bringing our respective layouts.

However, there may be some space for East Yarde as a static display!

• RMweb Premium

Many thanks to Mudmagnet and Westcountryman for the additional information. I'm looking forward to seeing it all. :)

Cheers,

Dave

• RMweb Gold

I'm afraid I will have to give my "Apologies for Absence" this year, as the 21st is my Wife's birthday...

Hope it all goes well,

Dave.T

That's understandable Dave. We will post photos.

Many thanks to Mudmagnet and Westcountryman for the additional information. I'm looking forward to seeing it all. :)

Cheers,

Dave

Don't forget to introduce yourself. I will be wearing my RMweb badge!

• RMweb Gold

Update.

Traders attending:-

Rod Sanders - second hand railway items

Shady Lane Models - wide selection of new N gauge and 00 items

Secondhand stall - selling various items, including a wide selection of books.

Don't forget to bring some stock along Gary for a run on Tawbridge! We may even get you an operating session!

Many thanks Richard - I'll definitely be along. Mind if I bring a SR M7 & Maunsell or two? I look forwards to chatting with you guys and having a good nose for some inspiration.

All the Best.

~ Gary

Just got back from a great visit to the show and thoroughly enjoyed myself talking to so many people. Many thanks especially to the Barnstaple Club boys for making me feel so welcome. A good selection of layouts and some great piccies there Richard - especially the US layout, very atmospheric.

See you guys in a couple of weeks time at Minehead!!

exmoordave

Hi

Thanks for a fantastic day at the show and to all the ladies in the kitchen for there sterling work through out the day, the layouts this year where to a very high standard !

And thank for the play on Tawbridge!.

Darren

Archived