INTERMODELLBAU

bbishop

Guys,

I'm advised this is the largest show in Europe! I'm travelling out on Eurostar on 18/04/12, visiting the show on 19/04/12 and travelling back on 20/04/12.

I'm posting now because the rail tickets for that week are just on sale so bargains are available. Have a look at the deutsche bahn website (www.bahn.com). Note that it's posible to arrange breaks in your journey, so I'm getting 3 hours in Köln on the way back to visit the model railway shops and consume a few Kölsch.

I booked my hotel through the city's own website (www.dortmund.de), then tourismus | suchen& buchen | unterkünfte | hotelbuchun. I was tipped off that this ensures a reasonable price is paid for accommodation. I coped with my very scruffy German.

Anyway, any interest from other RM Webbers, and maybe we could meet up in Dortmund?

Bill

• RMweb Gold

Intermodellbau is very enjoyable but keep in mind trains are a relatively small part of it. If you're after a huge general model show with radio control trucks, planes etc it is probably the biggest but if you're just after trains, don't expect something the size of Warley or Eurospoor. Koln is a lovely city, though - well worth spending a few hours there, and you can walk right across the main railway bridge.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am exhibiting St marnock Engine Shed at Dortmund this year and the dates are 10 to 14 April. I note that bbishop is intending to visit the show on 19 April, so I suggest checking the dates. It is a long way to go a week after the event.

• RMweb Gold

I am exhibiting St marnock Engine Shed at Dortmund this year and the dates are 10 to 14 April. I note that bbishop is intending to visit the show on 19 April, so I suggest checking the dates. It is a long way to go a week after the event.

His post was over a year ago, though, so presumably referring to last year's event.

• 9 months later...

Archived