FUD versus Prime Grey

Although I have been using Prime Grey a lot recently as per many I'm always keen to have an experiment, I have got some SLA models on order from elsewhere and thought I'd give FUD a go again, well the result, a picture is worth.....

post-7067-0-64278300-1327515975_thumb.jpg

post-7067-0-84521800-1327516003_thumb.jpg

post-7067-0-51244300-1327516049_thumb.jpg

Seems like the issues with FUD haven't been fully sorted, one of these models cost 79.5% more than the other. Now don't get me wrong Shapeways customer services are fantastic and I'm sure something will get sorted, however, I don't think i'll be bothering with FUD for larger items for a little while.

I wish Shapeways would add an SLA material to their portfolio as it would be nice to compare like with like.

Nice work there Red Devil. I saw your other photos with Prime Grey and will definitely try Materialise next for my own 3D experiments.

I noticed this comment on the Shapeways forum from Nancy the Product Manager, regarding the removal of Grey Robust from Shapeways material list :

"In its (place), we will be looking at a variety of different material, including new bendy rubbery materials, smoother hard plastic, lower costing plastics, and much more! I will have a very busy year, certainly."

Difficult to know whether to keep designing first and wait a few months to print eh?

Archived