a happy review

gandy

so, having all but given up on a supplier of tools and bits due to their prices, shipping costs AND a slighty off telephone mannor (once anwsered with a "yes" however the girls at that place where normaly much nicer to talk with) i desided to go elsewhere.

had purchased the odd item from Eileens before at shows, but never ordered, i remembered they had some epoxy i really like at more then half the price of last supplier, so checked out the website.

found it easy to look around, and i was soon clicking stuff into my cart. however if i may, one sudgestion, alot of my order was plastic strips, a set up where i could choose what i wanted on the whole list on any given page, before clicking an "add all to cart" button would have been lovely, after an hour or so going add to cart, then trying to find my way back to where i was, was getting a bit of a pain, no matter, maybe this is the norm? i normaly make orders for parts and tools by phone. so a bit new to me.

the total was a price i liked the look of. so pressed a head a treated myself to some hand rail jigs (one does have to treat ones self)

now a slight "complaint" i had ordered some sheets of plasticard, and the order came in a large jiffy bag, and at some point the plywood (thanks, the ply has since been used to reinforce joints in buildings!) used to stop the wire and plastic being bent, had been pressed into the plastic card, leaving a small section on each sheet with an unfixable dent and demoration, maybe in future some stiff card behind the plasticard? however all is not lost, both sheets are going to be cut up anyway, and im only loosing an 1"by1" bit.

one item was listed as out of stock, and one item missing, a quick email a little later saw a promt reply and again promt delivery of the missing items, however i noticed i had been charged for one (that i had already been charged with int he 1st place) again a quick email saw a promt reply dealing with the issue.

these "problems" could be put aside as a slow recovery from a mince pie overdose gained over xmas. and the way they where delt with more then made up for them.

so thank you Eileens emporium, good prices and great customer services, with only one minor niggle with the plasticard.

i shall be back!

thanks!

As always, Eileen's hits the spot for me; stuff ordered Tuesday, here today. And as ever; well packaged - those thin bits of ply are coming in very handy :) It's just a pity that they don't do everything I want.... Ah well 'Alan Gibson' will get their share of my coughing coffers soon enough...

Archived