Three way points in Templot

Katier

Hi Folks

I have two places on my layout where I would like 3 way/tandem points but I just can't follow the tutorials on the Templot site so was hoping some kind soul might be feeling generous enough to help me please :).

The top ( blue ) point on the entrance to platform 3 and the carriage sidings I think it fairly traditional and shouldn't present any problems...

The pink one on the entrance to the goods yard marshalling/headshunt sidings I think may be more troublesome and may not even be doable.. but I'd welcome and alternative configuration in that area (bearing in mind the track for the crossover forming the loop is complete.. but replaceable ( prefer not to of course). the critical thing is the length of the siding that forms the headshunt for the coal drops ( the siding with the S bend in it) as it currently can just squeeze a J72 and 3 trucks in it.

The S bend is there to maximize the length of the headshunt and the coal drop position is set in stone.

Thanks in anticipation.

Kat

emmyton_12_01_27_1305_00.box

• RMweb Gold

I think you will have more help on the Templot forum, I see you have already posted there, maybe edit that post and include your .box file?

Martin does check on RMweb, but you are more likely to get help on this specific subject on the Templot forum methinks ;)

The one in the station throat can be changed crossing wise, I just piled two points one on top of the other. I'd probably change the portion feeding the sidings as thats the easier side to adjust I think.

The one at the bottom is a compromise issue caused by space, much rather there wasn't a three way but struggling to find a solution that works without it

I think I might have to settle for two sidings rather than 3 in the goods yard, unless someone can come up with a better plan, but could still use help with the 3-way at the station throat please :) (as alluded to earlier - ignore the crossing angles for that area.. if they need tweaking that's fine).

Archived