The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

I'm back (again lol)

Miss LMS

Hey hooo,

I know, I always say I'm back, but this time it's true (tho gawd knows where Im gonna write as Im not into railways lol), here should suit me fine for now.

Hope all is well?

I'm free from the chains of my resubmission, :sungum: Still got one more course then its graduation time. After that it's time to look for a job, any job to start with including volunteer work, as I know the job market is pretty bad and just because I have a degree, doesn't make me any different from anyone else applying for a highly paid job. So any job will do for now :).

And anyways I'm ending up with a 2.3 (degree, lowest of the degrees).

How is everyone else?

Right I'm off, gotta make caramel shortcake (millionaires shortcake) :P :D all ready for tomorrow along with some blueberry muffins and a lemon tart!!!!

NO REST FOR THE WICKED HA HA HA HA :diablo_mini: :angel:

Hi

Nice to see you back! Good luck with the job search too- it is very tough at the moment- I am speaking from desperate experience. Despite being an experienced qualified nurse with 20 years of experience in mainly emergency settings I have been unable to find anything for 15 months. The longer the period I last worked reaches into the past is making me more unemployable as a qualified nurse as potential employers are now unwilling to hire me as they claim that I am 'out of date'. As a result I am now having to apply for unqualified jobs in the hope that I can get some funds and keep those fripperies such as my house and utilities!

But life goes on! I would certainly recommend some voluntary work and of course trying to maintain you interests- and RMWeb - as a means of keeping your sanity and mind active and sharp. It all helps in the search for a job.

As for muffins- I prefer choc chip ones and currently have cravings for Battenburg :O . I am also told that I do a mean Victoria Sponge although I cheat by not adding the jam. Baking is another enjoyable way of keeping your spirits high..

Welcome back and I look forward to reading your contributions.

Hiya,

That sounds unfair!!!

Voluntary work seems like a good option at the moment as it gives me experience.

Good luck finding work, i keep looking in papers etc.... but there is nothing, but my local supermarket is always on the look out for new people so might apply there after my exam in June.

I love battenburg :P

• RMweb Gold

Glad to read that you have your degree now. The baking sounds nice. My wife has just completed 8 years of part time study. I suspected that this would start a domestic reign of terror as she now had time to notice all the things that needed doing.

Tony

Welcome back.

Are you going to reopen the club house then? I have a craving for a bacon sandwich. And I haven't seen that Tiger for ages :)

I can do, ahhh the tiger is living with me ha ha ha :O

Edited as I mis-spelled something lol

Glad to read that you have your degree now. The baking sounds nice. My wife has just completed 8 years of part time study. I suspected that this would start a domestic reign of terror as she now had time to notice all the things that needed doing.

Tony

Sure she hasn't noticed before? And not said anything?? hehehehe!

First attempt ever at millionaires shortcake, hope it turns out ok!!!!

Almost got my degree, just one course to do, which finishes in June :)

• RMweb Gold

Sure she hasn't noticed before? And not said anything?? hehehehe!

First attempt ever at millionaires shortcake, hope it turns out ok!!!!

Almost got my degree, just one course to do, which finishes in June :)

Well once she noticed the carpet, she then noticed everything else! If the British economy improves it is probably due to my wife starting shopping again. For some reason she wouldn't let me choose the new curtains (the old ones have survived 35 years). She got herself a new winter coat the other day and I'm convinced that the last one she bought was before our child was born. He is now 19 and at university!

My advice for the shortbread, if it goes wrong serve it with custard!

Well once she noticed the carpet, she then noticed everything else! If the British economy improves it is probably due to my wife starting shopping again. For some reason she wouldn't let me choose the new curtains (the old ones have survived 35 years). She got herself a new winter coat the other day and I'm convinced that the last one she bought was before our child was born. He is now 19 and at university!

My advice for the shortbread, if it goes wrong serve it with custard!

The caramel shortcake (millionaires shortcake) went brilliantly wooohoooo lol

Guest Dutch_Master

WB Nadine :) Dunno what your degree is about, but if I can give you one advise: don't stick to the domestic jobmarket... Be open for opportunities abroad! Yes, it may be away from your loved ones (including your boyfriend, assuming you have one), but: it earns you a decent wage, you'll get to see parts of the world that you'd otherwise would miss out on and it'll broaden your horizon on whatever else might tickle your fancy. (like a better boyfriend perhaps ;) :lol: Oh no, you're married, right? :sorry_mini: )

PS: Nathalie: same goes for you, Dutch hospitals are short of nursing staff... (hint!)

WB Nadine :) Dunno what your degree is about, but if I can give you one advise: don't stick to the domestic jobmarket... Be open for opportunities abroad! Yes, it may be away from your loved ones (including your boyfriend, assuming you have one), but: it earns you a decent wage, you'll get to see parts of the world that you'd otherwise would miss out on and it'll broaden your horizon on whatever else might tickle your fancy. (like a better boyfriend perhaps ;) :lol: Oh no, you're married, right? :sorry_mini: )

PS: Nathalie: same goes for you, Dutch hospitals are short of nursing staff... (hint!)

I am defo married lol!!

I've been thinking about that for a while, (by the way my degree is in English Literature) and will look here first and see what happens, if nothing comes up its time to broaden my horizons.

I wanted to be a teacher but haven't got my GCSE grades and the courses here are very expensive (just for the exam) so I'm open for anything at the moment.

England what a hell hole lol!!!!

• RMweb Gold

Nadine, you mention teaching and the GCSE requirements. There are different requirements in the further education sector, some of which also require "professional development" (like teacher training) but are commenced while in post. Did you do an "Access" course before starting the degree? I'll ask my wife when she gets home what happens to graduate students without GCSE in the college she works in. I know one of her colleagues did an Access course, then an Eng Lit degree and then started her career being an ESOL teacher in the college,( though she may have started before any recent regulation changes?)

Best wishes

Tony

Nadine, you mention teaching and the GCSE requirements. There are different requirements in the further education sector, some of which also require "professional development" (like teacher training) but are commenced while in post. Did you do an "Access" course before starting the degree? I'll ask my wife when she gets home what happens to graduate students without GCSE in the college she works in. I know one of her colleagues did an Access course, then an Eng Lit degree and then started her career being an ESOL teacher in the college,( though she may have started before any recent regulation changes?)

Best wishes

Tony

The rules seem to change on a regualr basis.

No, I didn't but I did volunteer in school.

And I was intent on doing my final course based in school (as you ended up with teaching assistant level 4 at the end of the course) but all schools were full except the school my kids go to and the head wouldnt accept me, (I've had many run ins with her and told her what is what and how i see it lol)

Like I say any job will do for now!!!!

• RMweb Gold

except the school my kids go to and the head wouldnt accept me, (I've had many run ins with her and told her what is what and how i see it lol)

I know what you mean. I wish with the benefit of 20 20 hindsight I'd removed my son from our local primary school. He now describes his experiences as "character forming"!

Archived