Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

unfollow own content?...

• RMweb Gold

Good morning,

Is there a way to 'unfollow' topics that we may have contributed to?

I have selected 'manage my content' and have toggled and selected 'stop following' on a number of topics but when I return to my content I still have a raft of entries there which do not appear in the manage my content list.

Not wishing to sound negative, but there are a few topics I have contributed to and when the OP ignores / doesn't thank or even acknowledge you, then I get tired of seeing their entry continually appearing in my content. With Blogs, I just stop reading their entries.

I always make a point of replying to any comment on one of my blogs / topics, even if is just a thank you.

Sorry....but I have no time for rude / ignorant peeps.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Pete

Guest dilbert

I'm not sure if there is a function that generically covers this. If you receive emails alerts about threads that you are following, there is a URL (last one in the email) that allows you to unsubscribe to that particular topic... dilbert

• RMweb Gold

I'm not sure if there is a function that generically covers this. If you receive emails alerts about threads that you are following, there is a URL (last one in the email) that allows you to unsubscribe to that particular topic... dilbert

Thanks dilbert - I stopped the email alerts sometime ago but fair enough if there is not a facility to cover this...thanks to reply also... ;)

Hi Pete,

Go to: http://www.rmweb.co....a=notifications

Untick the box for Autofollow topics I reply to.

Scroll down and click Save Changes.

regards,

Martin.

But wouldn't this stop "auto" following the ones that the OP still wishes to follow as well?

Isn't the way to do it to go into the topic and then click on the "unfollow" "button" at the top of the page?

Though this button doesn't work for me as for some inexplicable reason it has been made a jacascript only button - one of the few, but irritating, ones in this software.

• RMweb Gold

But wouldn't this stop "auto" following the ones that the OP still wishes to follow as well?

Isn't the way to do it to go into the topic and then click on the "unfollow" "button" at the top of the page?

Though this button doesn't work for me as for some inexplicable reason it has been made a jacascript only button - one of the few, but irritating, ones in this software.

Thanks Kenton. Tried that too ...but no luck with that either.

Normally I don't check the follow topic box as if I am interested in the topic I normally add a comment...and I think that once you make a comment, it assumes you are interested to follow the topic...which I agree with...notwithstanding comments in my OP about rudeness of some peeps!!

Thanks Kenton. Tried that too ...but no luck with that either.

I'm sure that's the way it used to work - perhaps that "button" doesn't only not work for me? It didn't used to be a javascripted "button". It also was possible to dig into the page code and activate the button that way - but it seems like it is well and truly messed up now.

• RMweb Gold

Kenton - I guess it may depend which operating system, browser, machine etc we all use...maybe its possible in other configurations.

I momentarily thought that if not possible, I would leave the post to slip off the bottom of my page(s) and then I could forget about them...but of course, the minute someone comments it goes back to the top of the page! Doh...I need some more espressos this morning... :yes:

As a slight hijack from the OP can anyone explain if its possible to follow particular topics/blogs using the mobile site, which is where I mostly browse? At the moment I just flick through the sub-forums to see if there's anything I'm interested in, but I suspect this way I'm missing a lot of stuff I want to see.

I hope I wasn't one of those people being rude and not replying. The busy nature of work/family life means I'm somewhat erratic when and where I check and update and I'm bad at remembering to go back and reply sometimes. If thats me then apologies - your comments are always welcome and appreciated.

• RMweb Gold

I hope I wasn't one of those people being rude and not replying. The busy nature of work/family life means I'm somewhat erratic when and where I check and update and I'm bad at remembering to go back and reply sometimes. If thats me then apologies - your comments are always welcome and appreciated.

Certainly wasn't you Tom. Agreed we all have busy lifestyles but for me its when people brush your comments aside as if they were in invisible ink...or if you do suggest something there is no acknowledgement....okay...rant over!

As a slight hijack from the OP can anyone explain if its possible to follow particular topics/blogs using the mobile site, which is where I mostly browse? At the moment I just flick through the sub-forums to see if there's anything I'm interested in, but I suspect this way I'm missing a lot of stuff I want to see.

Not sure what you mean by this Tom. I normally keep in touch with the forum through my iPhone and I can do most things on it apart from reply to Blogs. All my watched content etc is the same as on my PC/Mac.

Glad I wasn't upsetting anyone!

Guess I'll have to play around with the iPhone a bit more - I'm not yet getting all the notifications I thought I should be. Mind you I've had no problems replying to blogs on the mobile site (but not my own blog).

Archived