Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Modelling courses

Hello

I'm not sure this is the the correct place to post this request.

I recently had a PC hard drive failure which lost all my stored ref data.

Most of it I have been able to locate but I'm missing a MODELLING COURSE PROVIDER that I had found through these forums.

From memory they displayed their course details on the banner advertising at the top of the page.

They held the course at the East midlands brewery visitor centre http://www.nationalbrewerycentre.co.uk/index.htm

It ran for several weeks and allowed you to build a single plank unit track and scenery, offering you tips, assistance and encouragement.

I thought that this would make an interesting project as I have the time being retired now and it would allow me to build a small scenic board suitable to take posed photos on.

Does anybody recall the name of this course provider?

Thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

At our last Summer School, which we now call a "Summer Retreat", one person did just that. He laid the track and I taught him how to wire it up. One of our other tutors, Barry Norman has also helped turning aplank into a scenic model.

Bookings are now open for the Autumn 2012 and Spring 2013 weekends. There is a waiting list for this year's Summer Retreat.

Full details on the website at

www.missendenrailwaymodellers.org.uk

C J Langdon

Archived