Ebor (York) GRM exhibition 18 - 19 February 2012

hmrspaul

After 50 years of assisting at the big York show, the Ebor Group of Railway Modellers is holding a small 'nearly at home' exhibition this coming weekend.

10.00 - 16.00 both Saturday and Sunday, Adults £2 and kids £1. Refreshments available by York against cancer (but no disabled toilets).

At the Church Hall, 7 Melrose Gate, close to central Heworth. http://maps.google.c...ved=0CCwQ8gEwAA

Trade support by Monkbar Models.

All the layouts are either the Groups, or members of the Group.

The main large exhibits are:

Rowntrees Halt, Group layout as featured in BRM early last year, and at the Doncaster show in February 2011; Mid 1950s BR, 4mm 00 gauge

Stanmore Edge, Group layout which was at York show in April 2011, Contemporary largely freight 4mm OO gauge Finescale with DCC control; http://paulbartlett....borstanmoreedge

Hungate, Group layout that has never been seen outside of its loft at the club rooms before. Small terminus with wagon works and foundry. Mid 1950s BR 7mm O gauge (which is where I'll be all weekend).

St. Hildas a popular layout seen at York in 2010 with many features to keep the kids looking hard, adults discussing farming techniques, and distinctive rolling stock. GWR through branch line 4mm OO gauge and 009 narrow gauge.

Smaller layouts are :

Leeds South A contemporary N gauge layout.

Oakville Central - newly constructed American 7mm narrow gauge, to show how this scale/guage combination doesn't have to take up much space or be too expensive.

Water Houses and Longnor The Leek and Manifold has survived to be taken up by preservationists in the 1960s, whilst BR still runs freight services. 009 narrow gauge.

All the Leeds / York Railway station/ Coastliner buses stop in central Heworth and the hall is just around the corner.

Looking forward to seeing some of you.

Best wishes

Paul Bartlett

PS beware the Vikings - this week York is Jorvik and not Ebor!

Dear all

All set up and looking good - especially the cakes that the York against Cancer ladies have supplied.

Very nice hall, remarkably roomy.

We are looking forward to seeing some of you at the show. Please introduce yourselves.

.. And across town Hogwarts Castle is performing at the NRM (well I assume that is what I can hear when I am in the garden).

Best wishes

Paul Bartlett

PS if you want to see a really big wagon on a small layout, ask to see Dick Drings DOLPHIN http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brdolphinyao Although the PARROT comes close. The PILCHARD is a really tidy model - something a kit manufacturer should consider.

A really good little show, well worth the trip across the moors. Good selection of layouts and even better cakes. Well done to all involved.

Thanks, we are enjoying ourselves, and attendance has been rather better than we hoped/feared. Lots of nice compliments from attendees, and there are still prizes to be won on the Tombola!

See some of you tomorrow?

Paul Bartlett

• RMweb Premium

Nice little exhibition, I enjoyed it (and the choccies!). Friendly people, some good layouts and made a change to see some which aren't usually seen on the exhibition 'circuit'. Hope it's been a success from the club's point of view-looking forward to next year's already!

Archived