A3 /A4

CF MRC

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

Any news on these? I've got an LNER one on order and I can't wait!!!! :D

I have a BR A3 Lemberg on order, same question from me too.

Hopefully Dave will be able to update us following his trip to China, or even maybe while he is still out there!

Roy.

Hi Roy & Atso,

I know the 2 x A4 models in BR green are first and will be released at or slightly before Ally Pally.

The remaining A4's & A3 models will follow in mid to late April depending on approval of the decoration and finish.

Looking at the BR & LNER versions 2 days ago they look superb and apart from a small niggle that is getting corrected I'm very pleased with them.

I can confirm that the A4's have black painted drivers, tender and bogie wheels, including painting the pony wheels axle ends black.

They also have factory fitted speedo cables as well.

Silver Fox even has a stainless steel etched fox in the boiler side that you can see the relief of the fox's eyes.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dave

Hi Roy & Atso,

I know the 2 x A4 models in BR green are first and will be released at or slightly before Ally Pally.

The remaining A4's & A3 models will follow in mid to late April depending on approval of the decoration and finish.

Looking at the BR & LNER versions 2 days ago they look superb and apart from a small niggle that is getting corrected I'm very pleased with them.

I can confirm that the A4's have black painted drivers, tender and bogie wheels, including painting the pony wheels axle ends black.

They also have factory fitted speedo cables as well.

Silver Fox even has a stainless steel etched fox in the boiler side that you can see the relief of the fox's eyes.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave

Thank you for the update.

you mention the A4s have all wheels and axle-ends painted black, but can you confirm that the same will be the case for the A3s (Of course as far as the BR ones are concerned I mean).

Regards

Roy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Just to confirm that yesterday i sent out to magazines review production samples of the A4 in BR green (Late and Early crest / single and double chimneys).

I can also confirm that the first 2 models will be at Dapol next week for dispatch and arrival in Dapol stockists (usual caveats apply) in time for Ally Pally weekend.

cheers

Dave

Archived