Model Train Show, Sandown Racetrack

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone wants to drop by and introduce themselves, I'll be on the BRMA stand on Saturday 10th.

:)

I'll definitely be there early on Sat. Look forward to re-introducing myself. Am also a BRMA member but unfortunately havnt been able to attend for a few months due to work commitments, regards Glenn

It was very well attended yester day. Look out for Wellingford & Everstowe 2 of the best layouts there. Both english based one LMS and one GWR. Drop in and say hi to the guys on the BRMA stand.

Yesterday I had a good time and got a fantastic amount of things done on the Q6 which had droped back in the progress stakes against the Black Hawthorne and the NER coaches!

• RMweb Premium

I will be attending Monday with my grandson and both of us are looking forward to the day.

With my son-in-law, I have completed phase 1 of the ground level dual guage track in the back garden (3.5 & 5 inch) and all of Saturday was spent loco running on the track for one of my grandsons birthday. I have a Standard Class 4 4-6-0 3.5" steam loco and a Planet 5" guage electric loco.

Peter

I'll look forward to chatting with you, Glenn. DougN will also be there with me.

Hi SRman, was really good talking to you, show was good too. Hope to catch up again at a BRMA session soon, regards Glenn

PS. Absolutely loving your tractors, they sounded great!!

Likewise, Glenn, It was great to chat. I had a little difficulty with the noise levels in the hall (old age!!).

That was really fortuitous PCM turning up just as we had been talking about him and his Llanbourne layout. :)

The Howe's tractors do sound good. The unrefurb one has the better acceleration thrash while the refurb has the better continuous running sound - both have great spooling down sounds. I had Bryan put different horn sounds on the refurb so they would sound more obviously different in other respects too.

There were good crowds there for each of the three days - I believe there were well over 3000 people attending on each day.

I'm not sure which layout won the polling but I think Wellingford was the most deserving. There were quite a lot of excellent layouts there, though, and all deserve our thanks for putting on a magnificent show.

I attended Saturday and there were some excellent layouts. Wellingford and Evershot were the best, being British. I and my friend Adrian spent nothing other than entrance fee. I took a few shots of Wellingford. Here are a couple.

Sorry I missed chatting with you Jeff, next time I am down.

Mark

post-7319-0-95167500-1332047544_thumb.jpg

post-7319-0-87045400-1332047930_thumb.jpg

I took a few shots with DougN's camera (I forgot mine!) so I'll have to persuade hime to post those up too (if they came out properly).

Sorry I missed you, Mark. I did see you but was tied up a bit. Hopefully I'll catch up with you next time you are down.

Archived