Belle Isle photo

MJ

This very atmospheric picture appears in 'British Trains of Yesteryear' published by LPC in the early 1960s. It shows the Harrogate Pullman passing Belle Isle. To me it is a very well-known image but I have shown it to several people to whom I though it would be equally familiar but none of them claimed to have seen it before. I would like to get hold of a photographic print and my question is; does anyone know who owns the negative or in whose catalogue it can be found? I'm a dyed-in -the-wool Great Western bod but I think this is such a great picture I want a framed copy on my wall.

Thanks in anticipation

Sorry, I've had to remove the image. I appreciate the difficulty in then asking if anyone has any information for a specific image but it's not permissible to reproduce the image without specific consent although that's what you may be seeking.

• RMweb Gold

If it's an LPC image this might provide a starting point (I wonder if they've actually catalogued this lot?)

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/A2A/records.aspx?cat=756-lpc&cid=0#0

Incidentally it's always a good idea to do a bit of Googling if you have any information at all about the origin of an image - such as who made it or the name of a collection or publisher, this one took a couple of seconds (the longest bit was typing in LPC's full name).

If it's an LPC image this might provide a starting point (I wonder if they've actually catalogued this lot?)

http://www.nationala...756-lpc&cid=0#0

Incidentally it's always a good idea to do a bit of Googling if you have any information at all about the origin of an image - such as who made it or the name of a collection or publisher, this one took a couple of seconds (the longest bit was typing in LPC's full name).

Thank you for posting the link. I plan to visit the NRM in the next couple of months, when I've got my reader's ticket, to browse the drawing aperture cards but I can now see that the main purpose of my visit will be veering towards the photo archives. Thanks again. What a wonderful thing RMweb is.

MJ

Archived