Crane Runners

Guest AlexTM

Hi folks,

In the local model shop today and picked up a bargain that I could not resist (okay I could have but chose not too); it was the old Triang/Hornby hand operated crane. The axles seem to be pin-point within plastic half-shafts. I am looking to turn it into something more realistic and so far have managed to find good pics of the crane as a whole and in detail. What I have not found is something suitable as a runner. The plan is to use it as a p-way vehicle for around the year 1967 on the ER. Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Further, if anyone could point me in the direction of the detailing kit that existed for this I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Regards,

Alex.

Guest Max Stafford

Alex. I used a Falcon Brass LMS 1-plank dropside as my runner wagon as seen below. You could just as easily use a Bachmann Lowfit as they were rapidly becoming surplus to requirements in the revenue fleet by 1967.

Dave.

Alex. I used a Falcon Brass LMS 1-plank dropside as my runner wagon as seen below. You could just as easily use a Bachmann Lowfit as they were rapidly becoming surplus to requirements in the revenue fleet by 1967.

Dave.

post-6676-0-89786100-1330547449_thumb.jpg

Guest AlexTM

Hi again folks,

Thanks for the responses. Now the big question is whether to try to detail it from scratch or see if I can get the detailing kit.

Again, many thanks for all the help.

Regards,

Alex.

I used a Falcon Brass LMS 1-plank dropside as my runner wagon as seen below. You could just as easily use a Bachmann Lowfit as they were rapidly becoming surplus to requirements in the revenue fleet by 1967.

Dave.

I've got a lowmac but after seeing this I've changed my mind

Archived