If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello from Annesley

Riddles9F

Hi,

just joined this forum after twelve months of getting into locos. I've been modelling for mst of my life, but mainly aircraft from 1/72 airfix to 1/4 scale Rc scale models. Howeve rfate has got me into railways. As a kid my dad often took me to preserved railways to see various hulks dragged out of Barry or Butlins. He scratch bult post grouping LNER locos. Now I've been revisiting this and seen some amazing rebuilds. My main interest is Annesley Depot in the Early to Mid Sixties. Although I now this area well, Annesley was dying as I was born. The old Central line is now a mixture of cycle paths, footpaths, roads and redevelopement. I even work on part of it. 9Fs were the star locos there in the late fifities to sixties, pulling the Wind cutter trains. Im gradually putting this together in OO gauge. building a fleet of 9fs and the odd A4 and Duchess as stabled there when pulling specials from Nottingham Victoria. I have a layout in my garden representing the GCR main line so I can run long Windcutters behind my 9Fs.

• RMweb Gold

Howdy neighbour :)

you have a lot of like minded souls on here. If you havn't yet got Derry's Book of the 9F I'd recommend adding it to your list. I grew up in Hucknall before moving to Mansfield when I got married. Booklaw's latest book on Eastern Region Sheds also has some nice pics of Annesley shed.

Don't forget www.annesleyfireman.com

• RMweb Premium

Hi there

Welcome aboard RMWeb. I see that you are into outdoor modelling - you brave chap indeed. If you really want to see how to get totally obsessed with outdoor modelling, check this out - it's a friend of mine who doesn't do anything by halves:

Howdy neighbour :)

you have a lot of like minded souls on here. If you havn't yet got Derry's Book of the 9F I'd recommend adding it to your list. I grew up in Hucknall before moving to Mansfield when I got married. Booklaw's latest book on Eastern Region Sheds also has some nice pics of Annesley shed.

Don't forget www.annesleyfireman.com

Hi,

Spend a lot of time in Hucknall too. The nearest I got to Annesley Depot then was sliding my Mini between the 16 ton wagons in Newstead sidings on the old concrete and coal dust road that twisted its way into Newstead Abbey. Chris'

Hi,

Spend a lot of time in Hucknall too. The nearest I got to Annesley Depot then was sliding my Mini between the 16 ton wagons in Newstead sidings on the old concrete and coal dust road that twisted its way into Newstead Abbey. Chris'

DoH! Chris' Annesley site is excellent and started me into this, amongst some other factors.

Hi there

Welcome aboard RMWeb. I see that you are into outdoor modelling - you brave chap indeed. If you really want to see how to get totally obsessed with outdoor modelling, check this out - it's a friend of mine who doesn't do anything by halves:

That's well out of my league, but looks good.

It goes through Newstead village. Been straightened out now the sidings have gone, but passes the road access to the depot. The gate posts are still there. Cycled it last spring using old maps, google earth and GpS worked out where it would have been. The Abbey gatehouse is in the background of many depot shots.

• RMweb Premium

Mike's railway is out of most sensible modellers' league, when all's said and done, but it's a real stunner, and it cost him a pretty penny as the whole garden was modified to take the railway, including earthworks, as the embankment at the bottom end was built up to a fair height.

Archived