New cattle wagons

Chris Higgs

Here's a few photos of the new cattle wagon etches. The GNR one (not shown) is similar to the LNER version but with a half height drop door.

These are a bit easier to build than the MR etches as they have less layers to the end, and the sides now fold up in concertina fashion to align the layers without the need of alignment holes.

LMS wagon

post-1605-0-74669100-1330989250_thumb.jpg

post-1605-0-73403100-1330989275_thumb.jpg

LNER wagon

post-1605-0-46407400-1330989360_thumb.jpg

post-1605-0-92903300-1330989393_thumb.jpg

It was only after taking the photos I noticed the side on this is not sitting down properly on the bufferbeam. I have amanded the instructions to first add the bufferbeams, and then attach the sides.

Chris -

These look excellent & one or two will feature on a 'farm train' on my layout at some stage - but I have to ask - why are no GW vans featured in the range? I know that Farish do one in 'N' - but they also (IIRC) do the SR version as well.

Regs

Ian

Chris -

These look excellent & one or two will feature on a 'farm train' on my layout at some stage - but I have to ask - why are no GW vans featured in the range? I know that Farish do one in 'N' - but they also (IIRC) do the SR version as well.

Regs

Ian

Both GWR and SR vans are already covered in the Association range as plastic body kits (also see the blog mentioned) along with etched underframes. We gave up doing plastic bodies a while ago as we were never going to sell enough to cover the tooling costs. The earlier LMS vans are already covered by both a plastic body and an etched version. So the three types of etched wagons just introduced complete the range so we cover all cattle wagons built from 1923 onwards.

Chris

Ian

They are there - if you know where to look...

See my recent blog post here.

David

Also it shoudl be mentiened that a member of the Association is doing his own etched kit of an earlier GWR diagram. His name and the precise diagram to be covered escape me for the moment.

Chris

• RMweb Gold

So, just the pre-grouping ones to go then.

There is a fine selection of Midland cattle wagons available. I have backdated the Association SR cattle wagon to the final design of SECR and the much missed Grahame Hughes range included a GC wagon and an LSWR one which was easily converted to SDJ (see my Highbury thread).

Jerry

Also it shoudl be mentiened that a member of the Association is doing his own etched kit of an earlier GWR diagram. His name and the precise diagram to be covered escape me for the moment.

W2 by Stuart Bailey I believe, though I don't know if it is finished/available yet.

David

There is a fine selection of Midland cattle wagons available. I have backdated the Association SR cattle wagon to the final design of SECR and the much missed Grahame Hughes range included a GC wagon and an LSWR one which was easily converted to SDJ (see my Highbury thread).

There is a GE one too.

Jerry

Technically speaking, I should have done the SECR one as well, as some of those were built after 1923.

But I have decided to call it a day on doing 2mm stock designs, as I have realised I can only just about build them now. So any other ones are going to have to come from another source.

Chris

• RMweb Gold

But I have decided to call it a day on doing 2mm stock designs, as I have realised I can only just about build them now. So any other ones are going to have to come from another source.

Chris

Sorry to hear that Chris but from me at least a big thankyou for what you have made available so far.

Don

Ian

They are there - if you know where to look...

See my recent blog post here.

David

Ahah... B...er - I've just sent an order off to the shop! Ah well - another project for another day!

Thanks for the pointer

Sorry to hear that Chris but from me at least a big thankyou for what you have made available so far.

Don

Seconded!

Regs

Ian

Chris

Sorry to hear that. I join the others in thanking you for all the designs you have done to date.

Just to clarify - does this apply just to wagons, or does it also extend to coaches and locomotives?

David

Chris

Sorry to hear that. I join the others in thanking you for all the designs you have done to date.

Just to clarify - does this apply just to wagons, or does it also extend to coaches and locomotives?

David

I have a few outstanding items in the pipeline, after that we will see but I intend at the moment to wind everything up by the end of the year.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Archived