Railraod and co error

Hi when I try to run any auto train both auto train from drop and drag and auto train schedule I get the error message ???Auto train failed. No path found start to destinations??? what have I done and how do I sort it out, I am running in simulator mode I am running Railroad and co gold D1. And I also posted on the railroad co forum

Richard

I would recommend starting by either reading the manual or by making a very simple layout, not more than 4 blocks long, with 4 routes connecting said blocks, in a oval. Things to check are that the routes that you are trying to get to work exist, and that you have a train located on the start block that is capable of running the route you are selecting, and is authorized to do so. I am using 5.0C4, so I know there are differences between that and gold/silver/bronze as to the HOW's, but the WHY's are all similar.

I suspect you do not have any routes defined in your dispatcher, based on the error message.

The program is thoughly german in its nature- it works like a hot potatoe when it works, but if you don't do things in its order, it does nothing...and the error messages can be obtuse in english. That's not saying its a bad program- it works fine, so long as you take the time to figure out how to do it, and it typically allows at least 2 ways to skin the cat, but, at times it is very frustrating, no less than the real things can be.

Expect to spend 100+ hours working at learning the program well enough to do more than a simple layout's switching. Beast's tutorial on here (& RMWeb 2.0), as well as Two Tone Green's- they show alternate ways of getting to near the same results. I have done somewhere between the two of them, sticking with 5.0 because I am a bit of a cheap so and so...I am now up to running 4 trains, but with a mechanical signal box interlocked into the RR&Co software to operate like I was the signalman. (Currently working on that...and a house addition, and work...and a 4 year old son, who just wants to see Edward and Emily run...)

Feel free to ask questions, I am sure one of us will try and answer them.

James Powell

Hi,

I think some thing is missing from either your switch panel or dispatcher. The link between the two is broken some where.

As you draw your track plan on the switchboard, it magically appears on the dispatcher and as you then add blocks etc to your switchboard they also appear on the dispatcher and the software creates the routes for you that can possibly exist between blocks.

That's why you are getting the error message. The train cannot get from the start to the end of the schedule because the path does not exist for it to get from the start to the finish.

Have another look at both your switchboard, track plan, and your dispatcher display and see if there any track bits missing.

Just one other thing, do you have the auto feature turned on for the software to draw your dispatcher track plan. It is by default and if you have turned it off, this is why it is not working as you want.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Richard

open the block diagram window

select the name of your autotrain schedule from the schedule menu on the left hand side

The blocks and routes in the selected schedule should now be highlighted

On the header of the block diagram there are a number of icons.....point the mouse to the ico that is immeditaly to the left of the zoom guide.....it should read "Show Main Block Diagram" .....................this toggles between all the blocks and routes and just the blocks and routes of the selected route

Click on this icon and you should see only the blocks on your schedule and each block connected to the next by an orange line (route)

If any blocks are not connected..........QED

Assuming they are all connected:

Right click on the start block and select Schedule Specific Properties........ensure that start block (in the correct direction) is checked

Repeat for the destination block

Ensure that your simulated train is orientated so that it can leave the start block in the designated direction

Those are the basic steps that should identify the problem......unless you have been modifying the default schedule rules or limiting schedules to specific trains....which I doubt

Checking the schedule in isolation in the block diagram is the first thing I do when troubleshooting

Let us know how you get on

Regards from Vancouver (where it is snowing TTGangry.gif

• RMweb Gold

They say a picture is worth a thousand words so hopefully these will help even if they arent great

Block Digram with Schedule "Up 5 to terminus" selected.........blocks and route are highlighted

Note icon "Show Main Block Diagram is highlighted"

post-465-12605686540738_thumb.jpg

Icon toggled......only selected schedule shown note icon is not highlighted in single schedule mode

post-465-12605686670501_thumb.jpg

I mislead you about the colour of the routes....its black and yellow......only changes to orange when the schedule is running

There is an easier way of creating schedules than Autotrain but I dont want to hijack the bosses threadrolleyes.gif

Thanks for the help so far no mater what I do I get the same message I have tried it on different computers I have tried starting a new layout with the same message I have started from the first page off the instruction and I just can??™t work out what I have or have not done

Thank you

Richard

• RMweb Gold

Hi Richard

Thats the switchboard you are showing not the block diagram or despatcher screen

You copuld try it a different way................

On the main menu select the Window tab and then New Dispatcher Window

You should see all the blocks you showed on your switchboard and the window will be headed block diagram

On the left hand side of this window there are a number of vertical tabs Blocks,Routes, Schedules etc

In an ideal world you will then see your Auto Train Schedule listed and you can then do as I suggested however if it is not there try this

Go to schedules on the Main Window

.....select create new schedule

Go back to the block diagram window

Click on the icon to the left of the zoom control "Pick from Block Diagram"

Click on your first block then click on the arrow at the top which will indicate it is the start block

click on the next block

click on the route that connects it

and so on till you get to the last block

click on the main block diagram as I described earlier and you should just see your route

this is very rushed we are having a dinner party and I am in deep trouble!!!

I will check emails tomorrow afternoon PST

Looking at your screen grab, you don't have a dispatcher tab so you need to create a dispatcher that has all the routes and blocks in it. With out one, you wont be able to run trains either in auto or using schedules.

Do as John says above and post back with more screen grabs and we can see how you have got on.

Guest Digital

Hi Richard.

As previously said you need the dispatcher block diagram to run trains automatically or using Auto Train

Train Controler automatically calculates this for you and you should see it by clicking Window then New Dispatcher window.

Below is a screen print of my block diagram (Virtual Dispatcher)

The User manual Section 5.1 onwards starting page 131 explains how to go about this.

A couple of things to check are listed on Page 139.

John

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have sorted this now thank you for your help. I was misusing the auto train feature when dropping and dragging I was letting the arrows point left to right when it should be right to right or left to left depending on which way you want it to travel.

Thanks for all your help

Richard

Archived