The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Story Idea.

scots region

Hello all, well after a good part of the day spent on Itunes.... FAIL. Sorry, I'm sorry. I've decided to post this, Firstly are there any writers on RMWeb? I occasionally write fiction as a hobby and I do stress occasional, so I'd be interested to talk with anyone else on the subject.

In the mean time I've had an idea... and sadly I'm going to share. We're all or atleast some of use are familier with John Allen's famous and ill fated 'Gorre and Daphetid'. If your not then avoid at all costs and do not follow this link. http://www.gdlines.com/

Anyway in a recent topic the question was posed of what fictional location would you wish to visit if it was not fictional, this got me thinking, what about a story of a worker on the Gorre and Daphetid in the closing years of American steam? Would anyone be interested? Would it be allowed?. Thinking a little more I chose the name Luath for the main Protagonist, its suitable ambigiuos and a homage to two of my favorite works. Do let me know and I'll leave you with this passing thought.

"My name's Luath, Brakeman on the ol 'Grind and Dust' why do we call it that? 'Cause its a hard grind and in the end all that left is dust"

ScR

EDIT 20/03/12

No interest?

Readers of your work might soon get bored with typos, spelling mistakes and poor phrasing.

e.g.: 'If your not'

Unless you have a free proof reader in the family, I'd give this a miss.

It can be an expensive business otherwise.

However, I wish you the best of good fortune.

Readers of your work might soon get bored with typos, spelling mistakes and poor phrasing.

e.g.: 'If your not'

Unless you have a free proof reader in the family, I'd give this a miss.

It can be an expensive business otherwise.

However, I wish you the best of good fortune.

Thanks for the adivce, Its a big mountain to climb but I want to give it my best shot.

ScR

Don't be put off by Ddolfelin, we should all strive to use correct English, but like anything else, it is a skill which improves with practice. If G&D is your muse, go for it!

Archived