Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Capper Pass, Melton near Hull

Just came across these pictures http://www.urbexforums.co.uk/showthread.php/15207-Capper-Pass-amp-Son-Sidings-East-Yorkshire-October-2011

Which show a 6 wheeled industrial shunter still in its shed at the long closed Capper pass/ cement sidings at Melton.

Does anyone know why it has lasted so long? I know that some cement wagons were stored on this site till the mid 2000's.

Just curious.

Paul

I know that some cement wagons were stored on this site till the mid 2000's.

The cement wagons were at the BCC (formerly Earles) plant, which is a different site.

I have a shot of the cement depot shunter c1973, but in several years of passing by, I never saw the Cappers loco in use.

As Ian says, all the views are taken at the former cement works, now I believe Croxton and Garry. I was signalman at Melton Lane for about six months in 1981, I only ever put one wagon in to "Capper's", this was duly hauled away by their c1930 shunter. I do recall, "Capper's" run the loco in the own sidings from time to time on a "Care and Maintance" basis.

Archived