Leadhills & Wanlockhead

• RMweb Gold

Having had a couple of trips up in Autumn, we had seen this but not when its open.

This link is fantastic, shows a lot of interesting construction & community-minded stuff, not to mention plenty 'wide open' scenery of the sort I like, any one any suggestions for the loco?

(I have a plan! ;) )

• RMweb Gold
something like that could be useful on a very short narra gauge line if someone was thinking about fitting 5 gauges on one layout for a challenge of sorts ...
or maybe just ditching 4 mil entirely, I can see alot of fun coming out of such a project, the prototype is marvellously haphazard yet obviously brings alot of fun to those involved!

I do rather like NG lines I just know sooo little about them...

One day Ill drag my Carcase over to Clayton West and have a look at the Kirklees Light Railway, if its still there!!

It's a slippery slope once you begin...! ;)

It's a slippery slope once you begin...! wink.gif

Or even before you begin!smile.gif

I've always wanted to get up to Leadhills but always seem to manage to avoid going - it's a long way for me so next time I'm up that way I'll have to find an excuse

Stu

Or even before you begin!

No comment :P

I've wanted to go to Leadhills for a while, sadly it's always "on the way" to the Highlands and as pretty much at the other end of an 11 hour drive we tend to just power past it and get to wherever it is we are staying. One day I'll turn off and have a brief stop there.

Archived