Onnybrook Junction

Fleetfoot Mike

My son reached 10, and wants a train set for Xmas. And, y'know, our house is big, and there's loads of space, and...

It had to happen. I've started collecting stock and planning for the long-shelved (decade or more since I first had the idea) serious model railway project - Onnybrook Junction. 00, Welsh Marches line 1934-5 LMS/GWR joint, roughly where Craven Arms is in real life (I just don't have SPACE for THAT track plan!).

I've started blogging at http://onnybrook.blogspot.com/. There's a virtual prize if you can spot the reason for the name BEFORE you read the blog.

Certainly sounds like an interesting project - but I hope your house is big enough for.......... two layouts. :D

They are not all the same - but from my experience 10 year olds will be looking for anything that is loud, bright, new, with lights + sounds and................. most importantly of all can go at full speed - all the time - preferably in circles. :D

Good luck

Stuart

Certainly sounds like an interesting project - but I hope your house is big enough for.......... two layouts. :D

They are not all the same - but from my experience 10 year olds will be looking for anything that is loud, bright, new, with lights + sounds and................. most importantly of all can go at full speed - all the time - preferably in circles. :D

Hence the 6'x4' on the dining room table :D We do have stupid amounts of space (and it's good motivation to tidy my office and get the wall of Ikea Billy shelves up!

Archived