The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Didn't really want to put this in the 'serious' vehicles section. I am charged with making a joke model vehicle to go on top of a cake at a silver wedding anniversary. It's to be a hybrid of the 'Horfix' breed to represent the ideal vehicle for their joint choice of wheels (Him: Landy, Beemer, Her: small Honda) so I would like to cement together some sort of Landmerda.

So, what's out there in one thirty second scale or thereabouts, ideally all for under a fiver? Me, mean?

• RMweb Premium

Any model shop will probably have a couple in the "under a quid" box. A Spanish(?) firm called Eko used to market a big range of plastic HO scale cars and trucks which can be had very cheaply.

For a Land Rover, the old Mk1 from the Airfix Bloodhound missile kit sometimes crops up - often minus a wheel or 3!

Cararama had a range of cheap models in 1:76, 1:72 and 1:43, usually around the 5 - 6 pound range for the laregr scale, although, as they are diecast models with plastic bits, they may be a little more difficult to hack into your hybrid. I think they have branched out into larger scales but I don't know the prices for those.

Archived