Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Didn't really want to put this in the 'serious' vehicles section. I am charged with making a joke model vehicle to go on top of a cake at a silver wedding anniversary. It's to be a hybrid of the 'Horfix' breed to represent the ideal vehicle for their joint choice of wheels (Him: Landy, Beemer, Her: small Honda) so I would like to cement together some sort of Landmerda.

So, what's out there in one thirty second scale or thereabouts, ideally all for under a fiver? Me, mean?

• RMweb Premium

Any model shop will probably have a couple in the "under a quid" box. A Spanish(?) firm called Eko used to market a big range of plastic HO scale cars and trucks which can be had very cheaply.

For a Land Rover, the old Mk1 from the Airfix Bloodhound missile kit sometimes crops up - often minus a wheel or 3!

Cararama had a range of cheap models in 1:76, 1:72 and 1:43, usually around the 5 - 6 pound range for the laregr scale, although, as they are diecast models with plastic bits, they may be a little more difficult to hack into your hybrid. I think they have branched out into larger scales but I don't know the prices for those.

Archived