Help - Bachmann DCC fitted class 20

BSG75

Hi, I wonder if someone could very kindly help me please ?

I have just bought a second-hand DCC fitted (not sound) class 20 (32-042DC), supposedly Mint.

But the alarm bells began to ring when I found the body securing screws rolling around in the box. I than noticed the red plastic roof fan moulding (present on my non-DCC fitted examples) was missing, with the DCC chip underneath, secured to the chassis block with black tape, with the connecting wires running across the motor to the PCB board at the other end.

Is this how these locos should be form the factory please ?

Thanks !!!!!!

Sounds to me like it is a chassis swap. The sound versions come with the fan in the plastic bag as it cannot be fitted due to the speaker.

Your 'Mint' used version by the sound of it has had the body from a sound loco fitted on to a non sound chassis.

If you can take it back to your supplier then try for a swap but I think the answer will be check before you buy on second hand.

Paul

...Is this how these locos should be from the factory please ?...

Leaving aside the question of how the loco came to be in this condition, I have never had a new Bachmann loco with the body securing screws not in place, in what (alarmingly) proves to be past a 100 purchases over near twenty years. So I feel you can confidently brace the vendor with NOT mint as stated, return for refund/price adjustment time if you feel so inclined...

Archived