Triang Deeley 3F 0-6-0

For all that may be wrong with it, I love my old 3F. She still gets an occasional run around the layout, faithful old lady. My Triang 4Fs have bitten the dust, but not the 3F! She does have a whitemetal tender of the right style behind her though.

The worst thing IMHO is the underscale diameter wheels. I did try sorting this, but gave up. Otherwise she does have the lines of a 3F (tender excluded) and a small amount of work could make her quite reasonable, though not 'scale'.

A white metal tender is asking rather a lot. Like all Tri-ang (Magnadesion excluded) hauling power is not her forte.

I have two - a MR one (were they ever crimson?) and a BR black one.

The worst thing IMHO is the underscale diameter wheels. I did try sorting this, but gave up. Otherwise she does have the lines of a 3F (tender excluded) and a small amount of work could make her quite reasonable, though not 'scale'.

A white metal tender is asking rather a lot. Like all Tri-ang (Magnadesion excluded) hauling power is not her forte.

I have two - a MR one (were they ever crimson?) and a BR black one.

Re the underscale wheels, that's why I was toying with a replacement 0-6-0 chassis that's modern enough for the motor not to protrude into the cab :D Question of which one, though, and how interesting the wheel spacing and splasher diameter then becomes as a problem.

I'm very much a look-and-feel guy - if it has the feel, that's close enough for me :D

Re the underscale wheels, that's why I was toying with a replacement 0-6-0 chassis that's modern enough for the motor not to protrude into the cab :D Question of which one, though, and how interesting the wheel spacing and splasher diameter then becomes as a problem.

I'm very much a look-and-feel guy - if it has the feel, that's close enough for me :D

Wonder if the tender off a Dapol/Hornby 2P would do?

Archived