Correctly signalling my layout?

I'm looking to add simple signalling to me layout, but I'm a little unsure as to what I should use and where I should put them?

post-12769-0-91828200-1333644969_thumb.jpg

I get the impression I only need two home signals, one for the mouth of the yard and the other facing the opposite direction, before the siding?

Not really, general idea of the layout is that if it looks good, its fine (hence no Southern!:P). The new Dapol signals looks like just the job though, not particularly confident in my ability to motorise a static model.

• RMweb Gold

Hmm - best answer is probably go for the Dapol UQ signals then but they're not going to be absolutely right. You need a stop signal applying to the 'main line' where the yard sidings trail in, a signal applying to the lines coming out of the yard (should really be a short arm but just use the ordinary stop signal) and another stop signal at the toe of the points leading into the yard - and plant a dummy ground disc (from Ratio) alongside it unless you fancy some work building a signal from a kit.

You don't want a forest of signals so assume the single siding on the other side is worked by a ground frame and you could put distant signals that side but unless there is a view block I would think you might again look oversignalled if you did that.

Archived