Blog- 'Heyside', 7mm Scale Layout, BR Late 50s/Early 60s - First Run

RSS Fetcher

Hi

It's been a hectic few months, seemimgly a huge amount of work for little progress, as the trackwork and wiring have slowly taken shape.

I year ago to the day, I went to the Wigan show to collect Heyside. Fast-forward to this morning, and at 10.00am the very first loco, symbolically, the Aspinall saddle tank I have been working on, went gingerly round the full circuit. Since it didn't come off, excitement got the better of me, and I thought I would test the Brit.

So, I am proud to present the first train round Heyside. Robin Hood with 8 Mk 1s on.

blogentry-3059-12607074937139_thumb.jpg

Thanks to Clive for a lot of hard work , pretty much weekly, Steve who has worked weekends when he can and put in a huge shift yesterday to level the last few boards, Tony for the electrics (and the manual to let us know what it all means) Jim for Templotting help and latterly Tim who mucked in with the droppers and bus bars, and who is our resident DCC expert, whether he likes it or not.

No doubt all sorts of visiting locos will appear as we need to test all the trackwork, so I shall have my camera at the ready. In the meantime, I have a huge clean-up task ahead of me to make the room presentable....until we have to start again in the New Year!

Richard

View the full article

Archived