Cant program ESU accessory decoders?

Earl Bathurst

Im in one of those moods now because i cant get these decoders to work correctly. :(

I Have an ECoS system and bough all ESU accessory decoders to control Cobalt point motors. My problem is i have 12 points on the layout and 3 accessory decoders but when i click point 1, 3 points move together and same if i click number 2. I have tried programming them but have failed. Can someone please help because i dont know what else to do or try?

Hope someone can help thanks

Scott

Hi Scott,

Sounds like the decoders have not had their addresses set correctly, so you may want to re-read this part of the set up instructions.

Off the top of my head, I think that with ESU Accessory decoders, you put the decoder into programming mode (hold down button on decoder until it flashes in a way described in the instructions), and then you use the controller to set any of the points in the next set of 4. I.e. for points 5 to eight, you could fire point five whilst the decoder is in programming mode, and then all the other points will automatically adopt the addresses 5 to 8 inclusive. I don't know if you now need to manually take the decoder out of programming mode (by pushing the button on the decoder again), or whether it now reverts to normal mode automatically (again, check instructions). Same principles apply to programming 3rd decoder, ie firing point 9 when in programming mode.

Hope this is helpful

Best wishes

Mike

Archived