If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

looking for small modern OO layout Ideas

craig

Hi everyone . i am new to this .. and any help would be fantastic. i have a small space for a OO layout about 12' x 2' i would like it in modern style goods yard if possible, i have room for a fiddle yard too in needed. I would like to go DCC right away as i think this is the best way ( if i am wrong please tell me ) .. any help with controlers as in which type is best: the layout of the track is my biggest problem as i want it to look right.

Thanks in advance

Craig

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Craig.............its been a few weeks since you posted....I'm surprised no one has popped in to give you a welcome.

If you are looking for layout ideas...you'll do a lot worse than check out the "layout threads", which you will find a heading for on the main forums page.

Bob

Hi and welcome.

Look at all the layouts on here for inspiration but I would suggest that, if this is your first foray into layout building, keep it simple for a number of reasons.

It's cheaper.

It's quicker

There's a very good chance you'll have new ideas after you;ve started.

You'll make mistakes

Layouts often look better if they're not crammed full of track.

It's a steep learning curve but we all have to go through it but don't get disheartened. We've all had our disasters.

For DCC advice, check out the DCC section on here.

Guest jim s-w

Hi Craig

Loads of little yards in the Midlands. Are you looking for something like Grangemouth perhaps? Try pulling up google maps in your area and look at whats near you, I found this in a minute or 2 within a couple of miles of where I am sitting.

click here

HTH

Jim

Archived