Schleching - an old layout remembered

Tim Hale

picshow.jpg

This is or rather was Schleching, a layout that once graced several major expos in both Germany and the UK, sadly no more but it did teach me one lesson - less is more.

The track plan was no more than a passing station with a single goods loop, the main buildings were offset and there was not one piece of straight track on the whole layout.

P%27dorf1.jpg

At one time, it was one of the few layouts of German railways that featured weathered stock and buildings, moreover the stock carefully replicated the supposed location and the layout was always very popular in both Germany and the Nederlands.

Hopefully, I can find a few more images of long lost layouts.

Tim

• RMweb Premium

Ah! I see... thanks Tim. I did see something like that at Kandersteg just north of the Lotschsberg Tunnel on the BLS mainline in Switzerland last year - I don't recollect whether it was working or not.

post-6826-0-95453500-1333902142.jpg

Signal1.jpg

This lovely creature is a Brawa 'Ru' signal of the former KBayStsB, unfortunately Brawa does not provide the third Ru position therefore the signal represents an Hp1 only.

The turnout lanterns are scale models of the KBayStsB type, not available as I had a batch made for my needs.

Archived