NRM April-September

LH&JC

• RMweb Gold

Time for another one of these! As it's the school holidays City of Truro is in steam, a case of 3rd time luck for me as the other 2 times I've seen her over the years she had failed. C1 is over the inspection pit, for an austerity loco, I would have thought that outside cylinders & valve gear would be preferable. Aerolite is next to Duchess of Hamilton & Winston Churchill is back in the workshop. Green Arrow & Mallard are still at York, waiting to move to Barrow Hill.

Link

6918122700_b2f74401af_c.jpg

C1 is over the inspection pit, for an austerity loco, I would have thought that outside cylinders & valve gear would be preferable.

Sufficiently large outside cylinder's might well have restricted route availability and would almost certainly have needed a 2-6-0 arrangement to allow a decent turn of speed. Outside cylindered 0-6-0's are almost always industrial or shunting loco's, either with side or saddle tanks.

Chris

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Work and other evils have kept me away from the NRM recently. Exhibits for Railfest are arriving now, the Coal Tank, Gazelle, & the DVLR's inspection saloon are amongst those at York already. 09017 appears to be going into EWS livery, hmmmm, is an outdated livery that is still on locos a historic livery?

Link

7241294514_7526f9a872_z.jpg

Stepney by williamfj2, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

09017 is finished, in maroon with the NRM logo, a future limited edition model perhaps?! ;) Cheltenham has arrived in a variant of malachite livery which looks superb!

Not long to go now...

7301304872_278d0439f6_z.jpg

09017 by williamfj2, on Flickr

7301298482_03111acd15_z.jpg

Cheltenham by williamfj2, on Flickr

I'm volunteering for the York City & District Model Engineering Society on the Monday & Tuesday of Railfest & I've got a ticket for the Monday evening photo session. Hopefully I can meet a few RMwebbers there! :sungum:

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

I can't be bothered to start a new thread TBH so I'll just revive this one. 'Bahamas' is on the turntable, the Ffestiniog's Planet 'Ashover' is at York for restoration, but most interestingly (to me at least!) is that Rocket is back in 1 piece and in steam in the Great Hall, it's amazing how one small loco can fill a space like that with the smell of smoke and oil! :biggrin_mini2:

7556743200_059547f45b_z.jpg

Here's the new set

Archived